by James Swierzbin
A man working on a motorcycle that caught fire in Lincoln received 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his head and arms, on Thursday night.
It happened at around 8:40PM at 22 Arch Street in Lincoln.
A witness says that the man was trying to back the motorcycle out of his garage when it caught fire. Firefighters on the scene believe that it was a flash-fire from the motorcycle's backfiring that caused it.
The fire quickly spread from the motorcycle, to the garage, to the house at 22 Arch Street.
By the time firefighters arrived on the scene, the entire corner of the house on both the first and second floors, were on fire.
It didn't take firefighters long to put the fire out.
A witness and neighbor named Sheena Santos was the person who called 9-1-1.
"We heard 2-big bangs and the gentlemen I guess was working on a motorcycle and I guess he tried to pull it out and the backfire I guess hit the side of the house and it went up in flames. We had a big gigantic black cloud of smoke and I immediately called 9-1-1." said Santos.
The Rhode Island State Fire Marshal's office is investigating the fire to find out exactly how it started.
Sheena Santos also said that at one point, a retired firefighter who lives nearby, ran into the house at 22 Arch Street to make sure no-one was inside.
Thankfully there wasn't anyone there and the retired firefighter made it out safely as well.