By: Melissa Toupin
A landscaper, working at a home in Johnston, is dead after being electrocuted on the job. Police say 23-year-old Leonardo Estrada was cutting trees when his trimmers hit a live power line. National Grid says Estrada was shocked by 12,500 volts of electricity and fell off a 12-foot tall aluminum ladder.
Michael Masi lives next door and says he was returning from shopping around noon time when he saw the unconscious worker on the ground below.
"I pulled in the yard and I ran over," said Masi. "he wasn't breathing."
Masi says his first instinct was to try and help.
"I ran in the house, got a wet towel, ran over there and put it around his head," said Masi. "His boss started to give him CPR."
Rescue crews took Estrada to Rhode Island Hospital. He was pronounced dead a short time later.