WOONSOCKET, R.I. - At least one family is homeless and a local market has been closed after a mixed-use building caught fire around 5 p.m. Friday.
Fire officials say the blaze at 198 Front Street was mostly contained to the first and second floors, but that the damage was significant enough to force Wally's Market, on the first floor, to close its doors at least for the weekend.
The residents living in the apartments above the market have also been forced to evacuate until the damage can be repaired.
No one was hurt during the fire and everyone was evacuated safely, according to fire officials.
Firefighters have no word on whether the fire was suspicious.