Taunton Police are investigating what sparked a massive fire that gutted a vacant
commercial building Saturday. The fire started in the afternoon and quickly spread, forcing nearby residents
to temporarily evacuate.
Two Ladder trucks kept their distance as they tried to get the
flames under control, but the old building came crumbling down.
The former Columbia Electric Supply house has been empty for five
years. Police tell ABC 6 they've responded to numerous trespassing calls at the abandoned building.