Lightning actually struck a house in Taunton, shocking a woman inside, and sparking a fire.
Tony Rodriguez and his wife Hannah are sitting by candlelight in their kitchen tonight, but this is hardly a romantic dinner. Their power is out after the house took a direct hit from a lightning bolt early this evening. Part of the house caught fire and Hannah even felt electricity pass through her body.
Homeowner Tony Rodriguez said he was, "Scared I guess! (Mark Curtis asks: But everybody's ok now I guess?) "Yes. Then we saw flames up top and that's when we decided to call 911, heh!"
His wife Hannah Rodriguez felt a strong electrical charge saying, "I was scared because I got a big thing on my body! (Mark Curtis asks: You got a big jolt?) Yes."
Both Tony and Hannah were not seriously hurt. The house suffered some fire damage, but the whole electrical system may be fried including their appliances.
The Rodriguez's have lived in that house 22 years; they'll stay tonight by candlelight, just grateful to be alive.