Flames damage historic Fairhaven home - ABC6 - Providence, RI and New Bedford, MA News, Weather

Flames damage historic Fairhaven home

Posted: Updated:

By Alana Cerrone


Fairhaven Firefighters spent about 2 hours fighting flames in a Williams St. home Saturday.

The call came in just after 3:00 in the afternoon for reported smoke in the attic of 43 Williams St.

Firefighters found flames just starting to break out of the first floor.

It was determined that the fire started from excessive heat built up in the fireplace chimney in the historic home. The heat caused to walls and siding to ignite.

Fortunately, the flames were extinguished quickly before they extended into the home. Most damage is contained to the interior wall and outside clapboard.

The 3 residents home at the time were not injured.

© WLNE-TV 2014

Powered by WorldNow

10 Orms Street Providence, R.I. 02904

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WLNE.
All Rights Reserved.

For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.