WARWICK - A gas leak in Warwick forced an evacuation at an apartment complex.
It happened at Fairfax Village just after 11 this morning.
A construction crew accidentally hit a high pressure gas
line in the complex.
Nearly 30 people in
two of the buildings had to be evacuated.
An empty RIPTA bus that was driving by stopped and let
the tenants board it so they wouldn't be left in the cold while waiting to
get back into their homes.
"I waited in the RIPTA bus for a half hour and then we were
told it was all good," said Devin O'Rourke who lives in Fairfax Village. "I was wondering how long it would take, if it would
affect my apartment, but it was all good."
Everyone has been let back into their apartment. Post Road, near the complex, was closed for about an hour.