Marathon Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev will face the death penalty. U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder made his decision to seek the death penalty public on Thursday.
ABC 6 legal analyst Ken Schreiber said, "The Attorney General Eric Holder looked at this case and
decided the circumstances here are so egregious that the death penalty is
warranted. The government has come out and said really on behalf
of the victims this man does not deserve to breath another day on earth if he
in fact is convicted with what he's charged with."
Tsarnaev is facing dozens of charges for his role in the two explosions that killed three people and injured 260 during last year's Boston Marathon.
Tsarnaev will face the death penalty on 17 of the 30–charges against him.
A jury made up of Massachusetts residents will ultimately
decide Tsarnaev's fate.