Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE UBM Canon
Winners of 17th Annual Medical Design Excellence Awards announced at MD&M East Event in New York
LOS ANGELES, June 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Canon and Medical Device and Diagnostic Industry (MD+DI) have announced the winning products of the 2014 Medical Design Excellence Awards, the medtech industry's premier design competition. The winners were announced live during the 17th Annual MDEA Ceremony on Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York. The ceremony was held in conjunction with MD&M East, the largest medtech event on the East Coast. During the ceremony:
The MDEA Program recognizes the achievements of medical device manufacturers, their suppliers, and the many people behind the scenes-engineers, scientists, designers, and clinicians-who are responsible for the groundbreaking innovations that are saving lives; improving patient healthcare; and transforming medtech worldwide-one innovation at a time.
Unlike other design competitions, MDEA entries are evaluated by an impartial panel of medtech experts jurors comprised of a mix of practicing doctors, nurses, and technicians alongside industrial designers, engineers, manufacturers, and human factors experts. MDEA winning entries must excel in areas of design and engineering excellence; manufacturing and technological innovation; clinical efficacy; cost-effectiveness; as well as overall benefits to patients, end-users, and the healthcare industry.
The 2014 MDEA Juror Panel selected 33 exceptional winning products from among 54 finalists in 11 medical technology product categories.
2014 MDEA WINNING Products and Manufacturers (alphabetical by category):
Visit the MDEA Winners listing on MD+DI for a complete listing, including manufacturer, supplier, and submitter companies credits, as well as product photos and descriptions
CRITICAL-CARE AND EMERGENCY MEDICINE PRODUCTS
- GOLD WINNER – Hemolung RAS system. Manufactured by ALung Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA).
- SILVER WINNER – ARKON anesthesia delivery system. Manufactured by Spacelabs Healthcare (Snoqualmie, WA). Submitted by Design Concepts Inc. (Madison, WI).
- BRONZE WINNER – Isolibrium critical-care air support surface. Manufactured by Stryker Medical (Portage, MI).
DENTAL INSTRUMENTS, EQUIPMENT, AND SUPPLIES
- GOLD WINNER – Solea CO2 dental laser system. Manufactured by Convergent Dental Inc. (Natick, MA). Submitted by HERNETICS (Chelsea, MA).
- SILVER WINNER – Digit Power dispenser for Aquasil Ultra Cordless tissue managing impression system. Manufactured by Dentsply International, LD Caulk Division (Milford, DE).
- BRONZE WINNER – Bluephase Style curing light featuring Polywave LED. Manufactured by Ivoclar Vivadent AG (Schaan, Liechtenstein).
DRUG-DELIVERY DEVICES AND COMBINATION PRODUCTS
- GOLD WINNER – PROPEL and PROPEL mini mometasone furoate implants. Manufactured by Intersect ENT (Menlo Park, CA).
- SILVER WINNER – DebioJect intradermal drug delivery device. Manufactured by Debiotech SA (Lausanne, Switzerland).
- BRONZE WINNER – Auvi-Q epinephrine auto-injector. Manufactured by Sanofi (Bridgewater, NJ). Submitted by Kaléo Pharma (Richmond, VA).
GENERAL HOSPITAL DEVICES AND THERAPEUTIC PRODUCTS
- GOLD WINNER – LuViva Advanced Cervical Scan. Manufactured by Guided Therapeutics Inc. (Norcross, GA). Submitted by Big Bang (Decatur, GA).
- SILVER WINNER – MetaNeb system. Manufactured by Hill-Rom Services Pte. Ltd. (Singapore).
- BRONZE WINNER – MuV patient transfer system. Manufactured by CEGA Innovations LLC (Sioux Falls, SD). Submitted by Kablooe Design (Blaine, MN).
IMPLANT AND TISSUE-REPLACEMENT PRODUCTS
- GOLD WINNER – GUIDE DBS (deep brain stimulation) System. Manufactured by Boston Scientific Corp. (Natick, MA).
- SILVER WINNER – Eclipse soft tissue anchor. Manufactured by MedShape Inc. (Atlanta, GA).
- BRONZE WINNER – Codacs direct acoustic cochlear implant system. Manufactured by Cochlear Ltd. (Sydney, Australia).
IN VITRO DIAGNOSTIC PRODUCTS AND SYSTEMS
- GOLD WINNER + BEST IN SHOW – AtomoRapid HIV (1&2) integrated rapid antibody test. Manufactured by Atomo Diagnostics Pty Ltd. (Sydney, Australia).
- SILVER WINNER – NIOX VERO airway inflammation monitor. Manufactured by Aerocrine AB (Solna, Sweden). Submitted by Veryday (Bromma, Sweden).
- BRONZE WINNER – HYBRiD-XL fully automated continuous access analyzer. Manufactured by DRG Diagnostics GmbH (Marburg, Germany). Submitted by BIT Group (San Diego, CA).
MEDICAL PRODUCT PACKAGING, GRAPHIC INSTRUCTIONS, AND LABELING SYSTEMS
- GOLD WINNER – SoTube SoSafe double-sterile barrier packaging. Manufactured by Selenium Medical (La Rochelle, France).
- SILVER WINNER – Safe Label System. Manufactured by Codonics Inc. (Middleburg Heights, OH).
- BRONZE WINNER – DISK (Dispenser Integrated System Kit). Manufactured by CleanCut Technologies LLC (Anaheim, CA).
OVER-THE-COUNTER AND SELF-CARE PRODUCTS
- GOLD WINNER – AEROBIKA oscillating positive expiratory pressure therapy system. Manufactured by Trudell Medical International (London, Canada).
- SILVER WINNER – Tria Age-Defying Laser. Manufactured by Tria Beauty Inc. (Dublin, CA). Submitted by IDEO (San Francisco, CA).
- BRONZE WINNER – FreeStyle Optium Neo blood glucose and ketone monitoring system (not available for sale in the United States). Manufactured by Abbott Diabetes Care Inc. (Alameda, CA).
RADIOLOGICAL AND ELECTROMECHANICAL DEVICES
- GOLD WINNER – AIRO Mobile Computed Tomography System. Manufactured by Mobius Imaging (Ayer, MA).
- SILVER WINNER – NvisionVLE Imaging System. Manufactured by NinePoint Medical (Cambridge, MA). Submitted by Farm Design Inc. (Hollis, NH).
- BRONZE WINNER – LumaGEM Molecular Breast Imaging System. Manufactured by Gamma Medica (Salem, NH).
REHABILITATION AND ASSISTIVE-TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS
- GOLD WINNER – Vector Gait and Safety System. Manufactured by Bioness Inc. (Valencia, CA).
- SILVER WINNER – Carevo shower trolley. Manufactured by ArjoHuntleigh Innovation Center (Malmö, Sweden). Submitted by Veryday (Bromma, Sweden).
- BRONZE WINNER – Hercules Patient Repositioner. Manufactured by The Morel Company (Batesville, IN).
SURGICAL EQUIPMENT, INSTRUMENTS, AND SUPPLIES
- GOLD WINNER – Zip Surgical Skin Closure. Manufactured by ZipLine Medical (Campbell, CA).
- SILVER WINNER – INTUITION Instruments for DePuy ATTUNE Knee System. Manufactured by DePuy Synthes, Joint Reconstruction (Leeds, UK).
- BRONZE WINNER – ASSIST Silver low-adherent antimicrobial graft cover dressing. Manufactured by Milliken Healthcare Products (Spartanburg, SC).
The 2014 Medical Design Excellence Awards are sponsored by MedTech World Affiliate Sponsors:
K-Tube Technologies; Medical Packaging Community; Phillips-Medisize; Proto Labs; Stellar Technologies; and Teleflex Medical OEM. We thank these major industry suppliers for their generous contributions which have helped to make this year's program possible. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, contact: email@example.com.
Join the conversation and congratulate the winners using #MDEA14. For the latest news, tweets, videos, and information about the Medical Design Excellence Awards finalists and winners follow MD+DI on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and www.MDEAwards.com.
About UBM Canon
UBM Canon is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media company for the world's $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. UBM Canon is part of UBM plc (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B-to-B communities and markets.
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news and updates from across the businesses and selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
Video - http://youtu.be/635CFnfj0M0
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140619/119586
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131107/LA12041LOGO-b
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.