Eight displaced in Providence house fire
By: News Staff
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Eight people, mainly college students, were sent out into the cold Tuesday night after a house fire in Providence.
The house boarded up after flames broke out around 11 p.m. Tuesday night on Waterman Street.
Police believe the fire was caused from a cigarette.
Officers found a make shift ashtray, and one student said he was smoking before taking a shower.
Police tell ABC6 News that three Brown University students and one University of Rhode Island student were among those living there.
The students are being assisted by the university.
©WLNE-TV / ABC6 2016