Georgiaville Manor in Smithfield evacuated after electrical fire - ABC6 - Providence, RI and New Bedford, MA News, Weather

Georgiaville Manor in Smithfield evacuated after electrical fire

Posted: Updated:

By: News Staff

Email: news@abc6.com

Twitter: @ABC6

JAMESTOWN, R.I. (WLNE) – A home for the elderly and disabled in Smithfield was evacuated Monday morning after an electrical fire.

Fire officials say the electrical panel on the first floor of the Georgiaville Manor went up in flames.

Firefighters quickly put the fire out.

Everyone inside was evacuated from the building as some of the rooms had filled with smoke.

© WLNE-TV / ABC6 2017

Powered by Frankly

10 Orms Street Providence, R.I. 02904
401-453-8000

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WLNE.
All Rights Reserved.

For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.