Boston woman warns of electrocution dangers for pets - ABC6 - Providence, RI and New Bedford, MA News, Weather

Boston woman warns of electrocution dangers for pets

Posted: Updated:

BOSTON (AP) - A Boston woman says she wants to warn fellow dog owners about the dangers of possible electrocution.

Mary Beth Begley tells WHDH-TV that her dog, Bob, was recently electrocuted and killed by a stray voltage under Southampton Street. The woman says she and her dog were approaching a light control box when Bob suddenly collapsed.

Boston Public Works says the stray voltage issue was caused by a corroded grounding lug. Begley says she was told that de-icing materials used during the winter can deteriorate or corrode wiring.

A man reported that his two dogs were electrocuted two months ago when they stepped on a manhole cover near the Adams Street Bridge.

Public works spokesman Chris Coakley says the department is saddened by the incident and has made the area safe.

Information from: WHDH-TV, http://www1.whdh.com

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly

10 Orms Street Providence, R.I. 02904
401-453-8000

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WLNE.
All Rights Reserved.

For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.