By News Staff


Twitter: @ABC6

NORTH SCITUATE, R.I. (WLNE) – Rhode Island State Police announced Sunday that three people are facing DUI charges after being involved in two separate wrong-way crashes, and a third, unrelated incident overnight.

State Police said the first wrong way crash was reported shortly before 7:30 p.m. on Route 4 in East Greenwich.

A motorist, identified as Corey Stott Miller, 28, of Pawtucket, crashed into another vehicle while traveling north in the high-speed southbound lane.

Miller was arrested and charged with Driving Under the Influence, first offense, B.A.C. unknown, Driving to Endanger, injury resulting, and Refusal to submit to a chemical test.

Miller was treated for minor injuries at Kent County Hospital. The driver and passenger in the vehicle struck by Miller were treated at South County Hospital and later released.

According to State Police the second crash was reported around 2:00 a.m. Sunday after State Police received multiple calls regarding a motorist traveling south on the northbound lanes of Interstate 95.

The driver, Cameron Wambolt, 25, of West Warwick, was charged with Driving under the Influence with a B.A.C. of .15 or greater and Driving to Endanger, injury resulting, after sideswiping a vehicle and crashing in the high-speed lane near Jefferson Boulevard.

Wambolt was not injured in the crash. Two passengers in the car struck by Wambolt were treated at Rhode Island Hospital before being released.

State Police said the third incident occurred after troopers stopped a motorist, identified as Tommy Price, 43, of Charlestown, on Interstate 95 in Warwick.

Price was arrested and charged with Driving under the Influence, B.A.C. unknown, and Refusal to submit to a chemical test.

“The actions of those wrong-way drivers created extremely dangerous situation for every person on the road last night,” said Colonel Ann Assumpico, RI State Police Superintendent. “Given all of the celebrations taking place this weekend, with proms, graduations, Mother’s Day and other events, we are extremely fortunate that no one was killed or seriously injured as a result.”