$133,500 Worth of Cocaine Found in Fall River Apartment, Police Said
Fall River, MA (WLNE) – Fall River Police said they discovered 1,336.2 grams (approximately 47 ounces) of cocaine with a street value of $133,500 during a search of an apartment in the 100 block of Covel Street.
Detectives with the Vice Intelligence and Gang Unit served a search warrant at the apartment Monday evening.
In addition to cocaine, police said they also seized $15,055 in cash and two guns that were not licensed. One gun was a .22 caliber Beretta pistol with a loaded magazine. The second gun was a 9mm pistol, also with a loaded magazine. Police said the 9mm pistol had been reported stolen out of Pennsylvania. They said neither gun was secured in compliance with Massachusetts law. Police believe the cash they seized was involved in the sale of drugs. Officers said they also found 2.5 oxycodone pills, 1 suboxone strip and a small amount of marijuana.
Police charged 38-year-old Roberto E. Torres-Camacho with the following:
- Trafficking in 200 grams or more of Cocaine
- Possession of a class B drug (2 counts)
- Possession of a firearm while committing a felony
- Possession of a firearm without an FID card (2 counts)
- Possession of ammunition without an FID card
- Improper storage of a firearm (2 counts)
- Receiving stolen property under $1200.00