#18 Friars Sweep Boston College With Shootout Victory
Kohen Olischefski scored in regulation as the No. 18 Providence College men’s hockey team skated to a 1-1 tie with Boston College on Saturday night in front of a capacity crowd at Schneider Arena. The Friars earned the extra point in the Hockey East standings after shootout goals from Parker Ford and Nick Poisson.
No. 18 Providence – 1 | Boston College – 1 – OT (PC wins shootout, 2-1)
Providence – 16-9-2, 7-7-1 HEA | Boston College – 10-10-4, 5-7-3 HEA
Schneider Arena – Providence, R.I.
Jaxson Stauber (PC) – 26 saves
Eric Dop (BC) – 38 saves
– Boston College got on the board first, 1-0, with a power-play goal from Jack St. Ivany at the 11:51 mark of the first period after Parker Ford was whistled for a hook at 10:21.
– Kohen Olischefski found the equalizer for the Friars, 1-1, with 4:34 remaining in the second period. Olischefski was assisted by Riley Duran and Guillaume Richard on his eighth goal of the year.
– Both teams were scoreless through the third period and overtime. Providence held a 4-0 advantage in shots during the 3-on-3 session.
– The Friars outshot the Eagles, 39-28, through 65 minutes.
– In the shootout, Parker Ford and Nick Poisson scored for the Friars in the second and fourth rounds, respectively, while Jaxson Stauber stopped three of four shots.
– Providence finishes the weekend with 5-of-6 points against the Eagles and sit in fourth place in Hockey East, seven points behind first-place UMass Lowell.
PC GAME HIGHS
Goals: Olischefski (1)
Assists: Richard, Duran (1)
Points: Olischefski, Richard, Duran (1)
Shots: Crozier (6)
Providence – 0/5
Boston College – 1/3
Providence – 39
Boston College – 27
The Friars will be on the road next weekend as they travel to UMass on Friday, Jan. 28 for a 7:00 p.m. puck drop and Boston University on Sunday, Jan. 30 for a 3:00 p.m. matchup against the Terriers.
For more updates on the Providence College men’s hockey program, follow the team on Twitter @FriarsHockey.