3rd man indicted in connection to 2014 East Providence murder
EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE) — Attorney General Peter Neronha said Friday that a third man was indicted in connection to a 2014 East Providence murder.
Neronha said that last week 50-year-old Derek Winslow was indicted with murder and discharge of a firearm while in the commission of a crime of violence. He plead not guilty during his arraignment and is being held without bail at the ACI.
Winslow became the third man indicted in the murder of Yusef A’Vant, joining Thomas Mosely and Evan Watson.
A’Vant was murdered at an East Providence barber shop on April 13, 2014. Neronha’s office said last year that Mosely shot A’Vant in the stomach and then took off from the barber shop.
Mosely was found guilty of murder in 2020 and was sentenced to serve consecutive life sentences at the ACI.
Neronha’s office also explained last year that Watson was the one who supplied the murder weapon and drove the getaway car.
Back in 2016 he plead guilty to second-degree murder, conspiracy, possession of a firearm without a license, and discharge of a firearm during the commission of a crime of violence resulting in death.
Watson has been held at the ACI since his arrest in 2016 and is still awaiting a sentence.