6 people taken to hospital for C.O. poisoning

By: News Staff

Email: news@abc6.com

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE) – Six people became ill from carbon monoxide poisoning inside a Coventry home.

Police responded to 20 Sisson Road at around 1 A.M. Tuesday. Upon arrival, firefighters discovered 6 people suffering from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.

Firefighters say the readings on their carbon monoxide detectors were very high.

Everyone, including two children, were transported to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries. 

Police and Fire were on the scene for a couple hours inspecting and venting out the home.

Officials say the cause of the carbon monoxide leak was due to a hot water heater that was not installed correctly. 

© WLNE-TV / ABC6 News   2018