AAA Northeast shares tips for travelers heading to areas impacted by Hurricane Ian
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE) — AAA Northeast shared some tips for travelers headed to Florida or nearby areas that have been impacted by Hurricane Ian.
Ian is intensifying as it is nearing a Category 5 along Florida’s southwest coast, gaining top winds of 155 mph.
Anyone that has travel plans involving any affected area should do the following:
- Follow any evacuation and emergency order.
- Remain informed of the latest public safety advisories.
- Check with their travel agent and travel providers for cancelation policies and itinerary changes.
- Monitor weather conditions regularly at both their departure city and destination.
- Check in with the booked hotel for local updates on Ian’s impact.
- Check with the airline on their change fee, and rebooking policies.
- Double check the flight status before heading to the airport.
- Download the airline’s app and sign up for text alerts for the most up-to-date flight information.
- Take a close look at travel plans to ensure the route or connections aren’t affected by the storm.
- If their flight is delayed or canceled, contact a AAA advisor for help finding a safe spot to stay while rebooking