Account Executive – WLNE-TV ABC6
Standard Media/WLNE ABC 6 in Providence is seeking an Account Executive who will become a trusted advisor to local businesses, helping them grow through the sale of multi-platform, broadcast, and digital media advertising solutions. Providence is the vibrant capital city of Rhode Island and home to Brown University, Providence College and Rhode Island School of Design.
- Creates a strategic business plan with managers to achieve total revenue goals.
- Develops multimedia advertising solutions for new customers that deliver results to their customers.
- Effectively negotiates with customers.
- Always maintains acceptable pipeline as designated by management team.
- Develops new/incremental revenue through consistent and creative prospecting.
- Has ability to craft a story around customer insights that clients can relate to.
- Utilizes Sales Assistant to provide exceptional customer service to clients.
- Collaborates with Sales Assistant to provide timely schedule maintenance, including accuracy of orders, make-goods, posts, and accurate traffic instructions.
- Responsible for all aspects of maintaining CRM software.
- Responsible for using all station provided sales tools & software, including Kantar, NSI, as well as the stations digital product suite including ABC6.COM, all mobile platforms, extended reach, and E-Mail marketing.
- Complete understanding of the consumption of broadcast and digital media as well as their measurements.
- Transactional sales experience a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of successful sales experience selling directly to local businesses.
- College Degree Preferred.
- Creativity, flexibility, and ability to adapt to change.
- Communicates effectively with external clients and internal personnel, and strong organizational skills.
- High energy, self-motivated and committed to continual learning and growth.
- Ability to work effectively and independently as part of a team.
- Experience in using qualitative research and/or other marketing research tools and strong computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license with an excellent driving history, as well as reliable transportation and proof of insurance.
Standard Media Group-SMG is an innovative media company serving our communities through breaking news, impactful investigative reporting and innovative multi-screen marketing services.
Please send resume and cover letter stating referral source to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. WLNE Providence Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
10 Orms Street
Providence, RI 02904