“Are You Ready?” State Police release recruitment video for 2022 training academy
LINCOLN, R.I (WLNE) – Rhode Island State Police released a video on their YouTube page so it can be shared during the recruitment period for the 2022 training academy.
The video titled “Are you ready?”, offers a behind-the-scenes look at the work of a Rhode Island State Trooper.
“The pandemic hampered our ability to connect with applicants in person, and “Are you ready?” is a great way to show the breadth and variety of the work our Troopers do every day,” said Colonel James M. Manni, Superintendent of the Rhode Island State Police and Director of the Department of Public Safety.
“We’re glad to be able to have more face-to-face events now but we’re also using online tools to connect with applicants. We look forward to having a highly-qualified class of well-rounded individuals that reflect the people they will serve”, he continued.
To be considered for the 2022 State Police Training Academy, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- An applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
- An applicant must possess a valid operator’s license.
- An applicant must be between 18 and 35 years old.
- An applicant must be a high school graduate or have obtained a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) issued by a State Department of Education.
- An applicant’s weight must be in proportion to his/her height. There are no maximum or minimum height requirements.
- An applicant must possess visual acuity of 20/40 (binocular vision) or better without correction, and visual acuity of 20/20 or better with corrective lenses (glasses/contact lenses).
- An applicant must possess normal color and depth perception as determined by a Division physician.
- An applicant must possess normal hearing ability, as determined by a Division physician, without the use of mechanical or electronic aids.
The recruitment video can be viewed here: