Baby’s cries alerts parents of fire

By News Staff

Fire officials say the small fire that started in a baby’s room on Thursday was caused by a candle.

The baby’s cries alerted the parents and they were able to put out the fire before fire fighters arrived.

The fire was reported at 6:34 p.m. on Thursday at 35 Valerie Drive in Attleboro.

The baby girl, about a year old, appeared to be uninjured and was taken to Hasbro Children’s Hospital as a precaution.

Parents are advised to be extremely cautious about candles; never leave them unattended, and never use them in a bedroom with children.

© WLNE-TV / ABC6    2016