BankRI grants over $95K to nonprofits
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE) — Bank Rhode Island has awarded $95,100 in charitable grants to 36 different nonprofit organizations across the state.
Some of the organizations chosen have a focus on hunger and food insecurity, youth education and emergency needs.
One organization that received a grant from the bank was the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation.
The foundation was granted $3,500 towards its meal program that provides cancer patients undergoing treatment with nutritious, ready-to-eat meals.
The organization expects to give out another 500 meals before the year ends. The bank’s grant will cover the cost of meals for the remainder of the year.
“There are many factors that impact people’s ability to eat well during treatment — patients are often too weak or sick to prepare the meals their body needs, especially if they’re on a specialized diet, and there are the financial burdens of receiving cancer care,” said Bryan Sawyer, COO for Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation.
The bank also granted $2,500 to Teach for America Rhode Island, an organization that aims to recruit and train people through an AmeriCorps award to become teachers for the state.
Here is a complete list of organizations that will be awarded grants by BankRI:
- AccessPoint RI
- AIDS Care Ocean State
- Button Hole Golf
- Community Boating Center
- Community Care Alliance
- Connecting for Children & Families
- David Louis Cunha Foundation
- Entrepreneurship for All
- Everett Company Stage School
- Genesis Center
- Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation
- Good Neighbors Soup Kitchen & Food Pantry
- Grow Smart Rhode Island
- Juanita Sanchez Educational Complex
- Lincoln School
- Looking Upwards
- Newport Public Library
- Providence Preservation Society
- Read to Succeed
- Rhode Island Assisted Living Association
- Rhode Island Center for the Book
- Rhode Island Coalition to End Homelessness
- Rhode Island Hockey Hall of Fame
- Rhode Island Public Expenditure Council
- Rhode Island Write On Sports
- Riverzedge Arts
- Scholarship Foundation of East Providence
- South Kingstown Land Trust
- Special Olympics Rhode Island
- Stadium Theatre
- Teach for America Rhode Island
- The Steel Yard
- Thundermist Health Center
- United Way of RI
- Warren Heritage Foundation