Two arrested for firing gun off Sound Island Ferry
By: News Staff
NEW LONDON C.T. (WLNE) — Two men were arrested Wednesday evening after an incident where one fired a handgun off the stern of the Cross Island Ferry.
New London Police arrested Michael Richard, of Blythewood, South Carolina, and Michael McMahon, of Hamden, Connecticut, around 9:14 p.m.
“Multiple witnesses, including off duty police officers from other towns, quickly pointed out the two individuals involved,” said New London Police.
Richard was charged with:
- Carrying a Firearm Under the Influence.
- Carrying a Firearm with out a Permit.
- Unlawful Discharge of Firearm.
- Reckless Endangerment in the First Degree.
- Breach of Peace.
McMahon was charged with:
- Breach of Peace and Carrying a Firearm Under the Influence.
The firearm used in the incident was a Glock 43 nine millimeter handgun.
No injuries or damage was reported during the incident.
©WLNE-TV / ABC6 2017