Boston Chipotle where 136 sickened with norovirus reopens
By The Associated Press
BOSTON (AP) _ A Chipotle near Boston College has reopened weeks after 136 students and other patrons fell ill with norovirus.
City health inspectors gave the Mexican restaurant in the city’s Cleveland Circle neighborhood permission to reopen as soon as Thursday, but the restaurant wasn’t able to immediately open its doors because of an unrelated water leak.
The Chipotle finally reopened Saturday.
Boston officials ordered the restaurant closed Dec. 7 after patrons became sick with the gastrointestinal illness.
They say the outbreak was likely caused by a sick employee and isn’t linked to E. coli cases that shuttered dozens of restaurants in Oregon and Washington in October.
Boston‘s chief health inspector told the Boston Herald he plans to have lunch at the Chipotle Monday as a show of confidence.
© The Associated Press WLNE-TV 2015