COVID-19 test kits distributed in Taunton
TAUNTON, MASS. (WLNE)- The Department of Health has provided Taunton with over 15,570 free at-home COVID-19 test kits, which will be distributed to high-need residents.
According to Mayor O’Connell, this is part of an effort to protect the city’s residents during the holiday season.
“At-home testing is easy and convenient. I am grateful to the Department of Public Health and our community partners who continue to work together to prioritize the health and safety of our City residents,” says O’Connell.
To qualify for a free kit, City residents must currently have COVID-19 symptoms, been directly exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, or are living in a home with a COVID-positive individual.
In Taunton, test kits will be available through the organizations listed below:
- Department of Human Services/Council on Aging: 508-821-1420 (for Taunton residents 60+)
- Taunton Housing Authority: 508-823-6308 (for Taunton Housing Authority/Section 8 residents)
- Manet Community Health Center: 508-822-5500 (for Taunton residents who qualify)
- Boys and Girls Club: 508-824-4341 (for Taunton members)
- Our Daily Bread: 508-824-1788 (for Taunton residents who qualify)
- Family Resource Center: 774-501-2633 (for Taunton residents who qualify)
- Girls Inc. of Taunton: 508-824-9511 (for Taunton residents who qualify)