Cranston house fire displaces 2 families

A Cranston house fire displaced two families. (WLNE)

CRANSTON, R.I. (WLNE) – The American Red Cross is helping two families after a fire broke out at a Cranston Street home early Saturday morning.

Crews arrived on scene around 12:30 a.m. after reports of a fire.

Cranston Deputy Fire Chief Daniel Marcinko said they believe the fire started due to an electrical issue with a light fixture in the ceiling.

Marcinko says no injuries were reported.

The Red Cross says they are helping the family recover from the fire.

Categories: Cranston, News, Rhode Island