Cranston Student tested positive for COVID-19
CRANSTON, R.I (WLNE) – Cranston Public Schools were notified of a positive test result of COVID-19 on Friday.
The student was from Cranston High School West.
As a result of the positive tests, the Department of Health has instructed the school department to issue the following guidance to all members.
- Beginning Friday, all students, faculty, and staff of Cranston High School West must quarantine themselves at home, under an abundance of caution, for the next 14 days.
- Students and Faculty should not leave their homes for the duration of the quarantine.
- Those affected by a quarantine should monitor themselves if they begin to exhibit fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath
- Family members may leave their homes, at their discretion, but should not admit visitors for any reason
- Any family members exhibiting symptoms should also quarantine themselves for 14 days.