Crews respond to Central Falls house fire

Etpqfk4wqaafytt

CENTRAL FALLS, R.I. (WLNE) – Crews responded to a fire on High Street in Central Falls Tuesday afternoon.

According to Deputy Chief Keith Sullivan, the fire started on the first floor in the kitchen, before it spread to all three floors of the rest of the building.

Sullivan told ABC6 that wind played major factor in the spread of the fire.

Crews from Pawtucket, Lincoln, and Providence canteen responded for additional help.

Sullivan said he believes a woman on the first floor was cooking at the time of the fire, which may have been the cause as to how it started.

The woman refused medical treatment, and no one else was injured in the incident.

Fire officials said it took an hour to knock down the flames.

A man on the second floor of the home is being credited with saving a woman who lived in the first floor apartment.

“As he was coming down, the lady opened up her front door. He seen flames shooting from her kitchen, he told her to hurry up and get out but she didn’t want to get out. So he actually grabbed and took her out through the house and said leave everything behind don’t worry about it,” the resident’s loved one told ABC6.

Categories: News, Regional News, Rhode Island