Curtis-Cascione Cookoff Pasta Sauce (Whoops…we mean GRAVY!) Recipes!
Steve's Red Gravy
In a deep sauce pan add 2 Tbs. of olive oil and heat..
add 1 Tbs. of chopped garlic
2 Tbs. of parsley
2 Tbs. of basil
after the garlic turns clear add 2 cans of your favorite crushed tomato sauce and fill each can with water and add.
1 tps. of sugar
2 tsp of black pepper
1/4 cup red wine
add 1 piece of pork
or meatballs or even 1/2 lb. of hamburger
simmer and stir often for at least 3 hrs. until sauce thickens
serve over pasta!
Mark's EASY Pasta Sause (I mean gravy!)
* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 teaspoon fennel seed
* 2 cloves garlic
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 2 tablespoons dried parsley
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
* ground black pepper to taste
* 1 (29 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, drained
* 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
* (OPTIONAL: 1/4 pounds of crilled ground Italian sausage, just to flavor the sauce. Leave out if you are vegetarian or going meatless during Lent!)
* 12 ounces angel hair pasta
1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, warm oil and saute garlic; heat through until the garlic turns translucent, not brown. Add onion and cook over low heat until translucent; 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Add parsley, basil and ground black pepper; stir. Add tomatoes and cover; raise heat to medium and bring to a strong simmer. Lower heat and add red pepper flakes. Cover saucepan and cook for 25 to 35 minutes.
3. The sauce can be run in the food processor for 2 to 3 seconds to achieve a more uniform sauce or let the sauce cook over medium-low heat uncovered for 10 minutes or until it thickens.
4. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until al dente; drain and serve with sauce.