Dartmouth police arrest man on gun, drug charges
DARTMOUTH, Mass. (WLNE) — The Dartmouth Police Department said they arrested a man after executing a search warrant on his Fenton Street home.
Authorities said the search of 41-year-old Derrick Paine’s residence produced many felonious findings.
Members of the Southeastern Massachusetts Law Enforcement Council S.W.A.T. team said they located the following during their search:
- One 9mm semi-automatic “ghost gun”
- One .22 caliber revolver
- Various kinds of ammunition
- 1,050 bags of suspected fentanyl (21 grams total)
- 47 grams of suspected psilocybin mushrooms
- 25 ounces of suspected marijuana
- 20 vials of suspected steroids
- $5,870 in cash
Paine was charged with two counts of felony possession of a firearm, possession of ammunition without a firearms identification card, trafficking of fentanyl, possession of class C, class D, and class E drugs.
Dartmouth chief of police, Brian Levesque extended his gratitude to the detectives and officers involved in the bust, saying they helped to plausibly save the lives of countless others.