Department of Health recommends closing 13 Rhode Island beaches for swimming
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE) — The Rhode Island Department of Health announced Tuesday that its recommending the closure of several local beaches for high bacteria levels.
The department said its recommending following beaches be closed:
- Goddard Park in Warwick
- Oakland Beach in Warwick
- City Park Beach in Warwick
- Conimicut Beach in Warwick
- Barrington Town Beach
- Warren Town Beach
- Sandy Point Beach, in Portsmouth
- Peabody’s Beach, in Middletown
- Third Beach, in Middletown
- Lincoln Woods Beach, in Lincoln
- Marion Irons Beach, in Glocester
- Camp Ruggles, in Scituate
- Harmony Hill School, in Chepachet
Officials said they will continue to monitor the bacteria levels and water quality through Labor Day.
For the latest on local beach closures and openings, visit the Department of Health’s webpage.