Dryer starts fire in East Providence home

Firefighters battled a fire at an East Providence home, Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2022. (WLNE)

EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE) — A fire broke out in an East Providence home Tuesday morning.

The East Providence Fire Department said that the fire started at the home on Locust Street just before 9:30 a.m.

Investigators believe that the fire started in the home’s dryer, possibly because of a lint trap.

All residents were able to get out of the house safely.

Firefighters said that there was just minor smoke damage to the home and no one was displaced.

Categories: News, Regional News, Rhode Island