Electrical fire in Warwick leaves home in ruins, two cats dead

This is a photo of the back of the house that caught on fire on Feb. 10, 2023 on Pevear Avenue in Warwick, R.I. (WLNE)

WARWICK, R.I. (WLNE) — A family lost their home and pets to a brutal electrical fire Friday night in Warwick.

ABC 6 News spoke with the homeowner, Brian Paille, the day after the fire.

Paille said his girlfriend was taking a shower when their dogs started “going crazy.”

By the time she got out, the whole back corner of the house was up in flames.

Paille said the fire was caused by a faulty electrical socket on the back of the home. The socket was barely ever used. The wind and rain over the last couple of weeks caused the socket to corrode.

The Fire Marshal told him that the home he lived in for 20 years was in total ruins.

Paille told ABC 6 News that he lost everything he owned in the fire.

Not only were their belongings destroyed, but two of their cats tragically died and one of their dogs ran away.

“Words can’t describe it,” he said. “It’s a lot to lose.”

Paille, his girlfriend, and his 9-year-old son Greyson were all physically unscathed.

The American Red Cross has provided some financial assistance for the family as they wait for their insurance company to assess the damage.

A GoFundMe has been set up for the family by a family friend, who said the father and son “lost everything but the clothes on their backs.”

Categories: News