Electrical pole catches fire during elected official visit

Boom

SOUTH KINGSTOWN, R.I. (WLNE) – An electrical pole caught fire at the South Road School Monday afternoon as elected officials looked on.

Governor Dan McKee, Senator Jack Reed, and other officials originally were visiting to tour feeder lines.

National Grid confirmed to ABC6 that a customer’s conduit attached to the pole failed, causing the fire to spark.

“It’s an example of the aftermath of the storm,” Sen. Reed said.

Categories: News, Rhode Island