Executive Producer – Morning
WLNE-TV/ABC6, Standard Media ABC affiliate in Providence, RI is searching for a morning Executive Producer to join Southern New England’s trusted news source.
We’re growing our weekday morning news and need a proven leader to take charge. Working closely with the news director, the morning Executive Producer will lead the morning team in driving the viewer mission each morning.
Our morning Executive Producer must be a gifted leader, with the ability to guide the team in a motivating way. Must have a strong sense of mission, brand, urgency, breaking news, and weather.
- Guarantee morning mission being achieved daily.
- Oversee all aspects of news gathering process during overnight/early morning, including regular guidance to producers, reporters, anchors, editors, and assignment editors.
- Lead effort to win breaking news coverage each morning.
- Lead effort to win weather coverage each morning.
- Provide leadership and oversight of newscast producing, including proper story selection, showcasing, graphics use, and writing.
- In coordination with newscast producer, guarantee morning news content on brand.
- Oversee all morning digital content, making certain content produced early and often, and audience is engaged in meaningful way on social media.
- Lead daily and weekly planning, with focus on producing daily original morning content.
- Provide regular coaching, feedback, and accountability to morning team.
- Conduct newscast critiques and daily show review meetings.
- Plan special coverage for morning news.
- Part of on-call manager system.
- Participate in recruitment and hiring process as required.
- Backup produce when necessary.
- A high commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and excellence.
- 5+ years of overall newsroom experience.
- Preferred candidate will be current Executive Producer in smaller market, at least two years.
- Will consider candidates with at least two years line producing experience in large market.
- Must have supervisory experience, providing leadership to team members with wide ranging responsibilities.
- Must have Content Management System (CMS) experience, creating web content, and engaging on social media platforms.
- Must be highly organized and able to work under constant deadlines.
Our morning Executive Producer must be a smart risk taker. We need someone that understands winning the day means staying in front of the news and changing the plan, even the best laid plans, so that we may serve our audience in the best way possible.
Finally, working and living in gorgeous southern New England, just minutes from the beach and Boston isn’t so bad either!
Send examples (links and/or reel) that exhibit the leadership you’ve provided in past roles, along with resume and cover letter to WLNE-TV, Attn.: Business Manager, 10 Orms St., Providence, RI 02904, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please denote how you became aware of this position in your response.
No phone calls please. WLNE-TV / ABC6 is and equal opportunity employer.