FBI Boston Division Announces Two Additional Arrests in Connection with the Riots at the U.S. Capitol
BOSTON, Mass. (WLNE)- The FBI Boston Division made two arrests on Thursday that were connected to the storming of the Capitol in January.
The FBI was able to execute arrest warrants for both 37-year-old Kyle Fitzsimons, and 33-year-old Brian P. McCreary.
Fitzsimons was arrested in his home state of Maine by the FBI along with local law enforcement. He will be charged with the following:
- Knowingly Entering or Remaining in Any Restricted Building or Grounds without Lawful Authority
- Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds
- Assault on a Federal Officer
- Certain Acts During a Civil Disorder
McCreary arrested in Massachusetts by the FBI’s Western Massachusetts Joint Terrorism Task Force. He will be charged with the following:
- Two counts of Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority
- Three counts of Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds
The two arrests made on Thursday bring the total number of arrests made in connection to the Capitol riots to five.
Both of the investigations remain ongoing.