Firefighters knock down fire in Freetown

By News Staff

Email: news@abc6.com

Twitter: @ABC6

FREETOWN, MASS (WLNE) – The Freetown Fire Department responded to a reported fire on Saturday morning. 

According to the fire department, the fire started at 9:47 a.m in an Oaklawn home. 

An off duty fire fighter was the first to respond to the scene where he helped other responding officials contain the fire to one bedroom in the house.

Fire officials say everybody inside made it out of the 3 person home unscathed.

The Freetown fire chief told ABC6 that the first was caused by a candle that was knocked down. 

©WLNE-TV/ABC6