Free summer concerts to return to downtown New Bedford
NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (WLNE) — The Summer Sound Series will return to downtown New Bedford next week.
The city will have free concerts every other Friday beginning June 9 through Sept. 15.
“Nothing brings people together like live music outdoors,” said Mayor Jon Mitchell.
Mitchell released the following schedule:
Purchase Street, between Union and William
- June 23: Entrain
- July 21: The Funky White Honkies
- August 18: JAMMIN’: A Tribute to Bob Marley
- September 15: East Coast Soul
Participating restaurants include: DNB Burgers, the Pour Farm Tavern, the Vault Music Hal & Pub, and No Problemo.
Union Street, between North Water Street and Route 18
- June 9: Diane Blue All-Star Band with Ricky Russell
- July 7: Neal McCarthy Problem
- August 4: Mo Bounce
- September 1: Kabu Jazz Ensemble ft. Candida Rose
Participating restaurants include: PLAY Arcade, Rose Alley Ale House, Moby Dick Brewing Co., Union Flats Seafood, Whaler’s Tavern, and Cultivator Shoals.
The streets will be blocked off from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. during each concert.
All shows are dependent on weather.