WLNE-TV ABC6 General Manager
Lead our team in Providence, Rhode Island!
If you are in search of an opportunity to be involved with an organization that has set its sights on growth, look no further than WLNE-TV, Standard Media’s ABC affiliate in Providence, Rhode, Island.
WLNE stands for “We Love New England.” As the capital of Rhode Island, Providence has a rich history and is home to Brown University, Providence College and Rhode Island School of Design.
Providence is 30 minutes away from beautiful beaches, home to the celebrated restaurants of Federal Hill, has a low crime rate and just 45 minutes from Boston.
We are looking for exemplary management talent, a leader who will work smart, see the world from a unique perspective, and guide WLNE into the future with strategic vision. The right fit for this position will be an experienced and knowledgeable professional who is a driven advocate of local broadcasting
and digital service to the community.
In this position you will:
- Manage the financial performance and operations of the stations with focus on operational efficiencies.
- Achieve budgeted financial goals and grow the Station’s revenue share and programming performance.
- Help increase the Station’s viewing audience by serving the interests of the community.
- Protect the Station’s license through disciplined adherence to FCC rules and regulations.
- Train, manage, and motivate all Station personnel.
- Be effective in leading department heads and staff.
- Promote teamwork within all areas of Station operations.
- Train sales team to sell products and services.
- Develop strong relationship with local clients.
- Manage Station relations with the community.
- Preferred 10 Years of experience in a similar role in a TV station or in a senior Television management role
- Hands-on TV advertising sales and operational background a must
- Effective negotiator and motivator
- Outstanding leadership skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills a must
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Wide Orbit preferred
To apply send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WLNE Providence Operations LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.