Gov McKee announces 3,000 New Year’s Day COVID testing appointments
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE)- Governor McKee has announced that 3,220 COVID-19 tests will be available at various state test sites on New Year’s Day.
The appointments will be available at the following locations:
- Barrington Shopping Center 184 County Road, Barrington, RI 02806 (PCR tests)
- Bristol Storefront 655 Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI 02809 (rapid tests)
- Chapel View Storefront 4000 Chapel View Boulevard, Cranston, RI 02920 (rapid tests)
- Cranston Parkade 4000 Chapel View Boulevard, Cranston, RI 02920 (PCR only)
- Newport Wharf 22 Brown and Howard Wharf Newport, RI 02840 (rapid tests)
- St. Joseph Hospital 21 Peace Street, Providence, RI 02907 (rapid tests)
- Warwick Shopping Plaza 545 Greenwich Avenue, Warwick, RI 02886 (PCR tests)
Rhode Islanders can book an appointment at portal.ri.gov.
“Our whole of government COVID response team is focused on increasing access to testing, vaccination, and boosters for Rhode Islanders,” said Governor McKee. “In addition to this immediate increase in testing appointments at state sites, we will continue to work closely to support our municipal leaders in reactivating and expanding local testing and vaccination opportunities to meet their community’s needs.”