Hazmat crews called to Warwick construction firm
WARWICK, R.I. (WLNE) — Hazmat crews were called to Homans Associates in Warwick on Monday.
First responders arrived at the West Natick Road business at about 11 a.m. ready for an all-out hazmat response.
Battalion Fire Chief Bill Wilson told an ABC 6 News crew on scene the building was evacuated. Some people inside said they smelled ammonia and that their eyes were burning.
First responders were getting readings of inside the building. It wasn’t immediately known where the ammonia smell was coming from.
Wilson said while some complained of eye irritation, no one was hospitalized.