How R.I residents can participate in early-voting
PROVIDENCE, R.I (WLNE) – Leading up to Election Day, Rhode Island residents can vote in person at their respective city or town halls during regular business hours.
According to the Secretary of State’s website, choosing to vote early is very similar to voting at a polling place.
The following outline lists the steps for early voting.
- Find your local board of canvassers in the city or town hall.
- Present a valid form of ID
- Get your ballot after providing a full name and ID
- Complete your ballot
- To vote for a candidate whose name is not on the ballot, you can fill in the oval to the left of “Write-in” and print the name clearly in the box.
- Insert your ballot into the voting machine.
A list of local Board of Canvassers and hours of operation can be found on the Secretary of State’s website.