Lakeview Pavilion fire halts future weddings

By Dana Griffin

dgriffin@abc6.com

@danaRgriffin

FOXBORO, MA- Photos are the only thing left to show why the Lakeview Pavilion was the ideal location to say ‘I do'.

Shortly after the last bride and groom said their vows and walked down the aisle Saturday evening, the building went up in flames; caused by a lit cigarette tossed into a pile of mulch.

Lynne Mayard's daughter was married at the venue a year and a half ago. She said, “It angers me actually. I think that people are careless and especially with cigarettes and it's just horrific.”

On Sunday, couples planning to wed in this building watched in disbelief.

Brian Doherty and Amanda Brady are getting married this Saturday. So far, they have no where to get married. Although disappointed, they're in good spirits.

“We'll find a way through it. Our love will conquer all; it always does, said Doherty and Brady.

Bill Hickie and Samantha Holmgren have sent their Save the Dates for an October 4th wedding.

The couple said, “I feel terrible for people who have it so much closer. We're lucky enough that it's six months out but people coming up next month, or even this coming week, I'm sure it's just awful.”

The owner spent the day salvaging as much as she could from the building, all while trying to comfort devastated brides to be.

That building has been complexly knocked down. No word on if the building will be rebuilt. The owner was able to salvage a computer which contains all her client information.

©2014 ABC6/WLNE-TV. All Rights Reserved.