Lifespan changes visitation policy starting Wednesday
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE)- Lifespan updated its visitation policy on Wednesday, easing some restrictions after seeing a decline in COVID-19 cases.
The major changes to Lifespan’s visitation policy include:
- Visitation hours at Rhode Island Hospital increased to 2pm -7pm
- At Rhode Island Hospital, adult inpatients may have two visitors at a time, with a limit of six identified visitors for the duration of the hospital stay.
- At The Miriam and Newport hospitals, adult patients may have two visitors per visitation session.
- Adult patients in behavioral health units may continue to have one visitor at a time.
- Patients at Hasbro Children’s Hospital may have two identified visitors in addition to two parents and/or caregivers for a total of four identified visitors. Two may enter at a time; one parent or caregiver may remain overnight, 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Lifespan will continue to require proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test for all visitors.
Some situations or care locations could have a varying number of visitors to ensure safety for patients, visitors, and staff.