Lifespan limits visitation amidst statewide COVID-19 spike
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE)- Lifespan announced on Wednesday that they will be making changes to their visitation policies.
The changes that will go into effect on Thursday are:
- Visitation hours at Rhode Island Hospital are limited to 4pm -7pm (all other Lifespan hospital visitation hours are unchanged.)
- Inpatients at Rhode Island Hospital may have one visitor per day, for a total of two visitors for the duration of the hospital stay. (Inpatients at The Miriam Hospital and Newport Hospital may continue to have one visitor per visitation session.)
- For outpatient and ambulatory appointments, one caregiver/support person may be allowed to accompany the patient, if the support person is essential, at the discretion of the care team. Otherwise, no visitors.
- Doulas at Newport Hospital must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative PCR test administered within the previous 48 hours.
- In the Emergency Departments, one family member/escort is allowed for 30 minutes during the intake process if necessary for patient care.
- Patients at Hasbro Children’s Hospital may have two total parents/caregivers for the duration of their hospitalization or ED visit. No additional visitors.
All visitors will still be required to show proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test from with 48 hours of visitation.