List: 9/11 remembrance ceremonies in Southern New England
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE) — The United States will reflect on 22 years since the terror attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 on Monday.
The state of Rhode Island remembrance ceremony will be held at 8:30 a.m. at the State House. Gov. Dan McKee and state leaders are set to speak in memory of the people who died that day, including civilians and first responders.
Rhode Island communities will also hold individual ceremonies —
- Exeter: 9 a.m. at the Rhode Island Veterans Memorial Cemetery
- Warwick: Ceremony begins with a moment of silence at 10:28 a.m. at the 9/11 memorial at Oakland Beach
- East Providence: 10 a.m. at City Hall Plaza
- North Providence: 1 p.m. at Town Hall
In Massachusetts —
- Taunton: 11 a.m. at Memorial Park on Somerset Avenue
- Seekonk: 6 p.m. at the Public Safety Building on Taunton Avenue
If you don’t see the ceremony in your community listed, send the information to email@example.com.