Man, 18, pleads no contest to sex trafficking charges
By News Staff
The Associated Press
An East Providence man has pleaded no contest to charges he prostituted two teen girls.
The state Attorney General’s office said Wednesday that 18-year-old Brian Desmarais entered the plea earlier this week to two counts of sex trafficking of a minor. He was sentenced to a youth detention facility.
Under the plea agreement, Desmarais received a certified sentence of 10 years, with 19 months and two days to serve.
Authorities said the then-17-year-old Desmarais and two co-conspirators met the two girls – ages 15 and 16 – on Jan. 16 and forced them to post provocative photos on a website and have men meet them for sex at various motels in Rhode Island and Seekonk, Massachusetts.
Desmarais’ name was made public because his sentence will remain on his adult record.
(C) WLNE-TV 2015