Man, 42, involved in fatal Attleboro fire gets charges upgraded to murder

ATTLEBORO, Mass. (WLNE) — An Attleboro man involved in a deadly fire two months ago had his charges upgraded to murder, according to authorities.

District Attorney Thomas Quinn said Tuesday that Adam Rollins, who was charged last week with burglary with assault, will also be charged with murder and arson.

In court Tuesday, Rollins was held once again without bail for arson and murder of 80-year-old Judith Henriques.

Both the family and defense attorney declined to comment but they sent ABC 6 News a statement that reads in part: “The family of Judy Henriques is devastated by the loss of their beloved mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, aunt and sister…In the coming weeks and months, they would appreciate your understanding of their need for privacy while the investigation and legal proceedings continue.”

The fire happened on Nov. 18 on Division Street in Attleboro.

This is a submitted photo of flames ripping through a home on Division Street in Attleboro, Friday, Nov. 18, 2022.

Rollins, 42, is accused of robbing and assaulting Henriques.

This is a photo of a home charred after a fire on Division Street in Attleboro, Friday, Nov. 18, 2022. (WLNE)

Quinn said Henriques was found dead inside the home by firefighters after they knocked down the flames.

Rollins will be back in court Feb. 9 for a probable cause hearing.

Categories: News