Man accused of murdering girlfriend and putting her body in refrigerator pleads not guilty to all charges
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WLNE) — A Providence man accused of killing his girlfriend and putting her body inside of a refrigerator plead not guilty to all charges.
Police said Nathan Cooper, 53, allegedly killed 40-year-old Sherbert Maddox before placing her body in the fridge in a Parkis Avenue home nearly three months ago.
Maddox was discovered wrapped in saran wrap, blankets and towels, said Maj. David Lapatin. Police believe a handgun was used to shoot the 40-year-old.
Police said Maddox’s body was in the home for at least two days before she was found.
The Rhode Island Attorney General said that Cooper is being charged with the following:
- One count of Murder
- One count of discharging a firearm while committing a crime of violence
- Two counts of possession of a firearm by a prohibited person
- One count of possession of a stolen firearm
- Two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon
- One count of failure to report a death
- One count of kidnapping
Cooper did not enter a plea when he appeared in court in March. He is being held without bail.