Massachusetts booking vaccine appointments for individuals 65 and up
BOSTON, MASS (WLNE) – Governor Baker announced individuals ages 65 and older, and those with two or more medical conditions can start booking appointments for the coronavirus vaccine starting on February 18th.
This announcement will allow almost 1 million newly eligible residents to register for the vaccine, according to the administration.
It could take more than a month for all eligible individuals to secure an appointment, due to high demand.
Booking an appointment may increase if the federal supply increases.
Individuals 16 and older who have two or more certain medical conditions are also eligible for the vaccine.
The eligible conditions are listed as follow:
- Asthma (moderate-to-severe)
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
- Obesity and severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Additional information can be found here.